Friday, November 18, 2016

Telling Orion

Seth and I are both terrible at keeping secrets.  It really doesn't matter who we are trying to keep them from:  each other, our son, the people we love...we just suck at keeping things in.  We kind of wanted to wait to tell Orion that I was pregnant, at least until we had a picture or something, but as you can see by the title of this post, we did not manage to wait that long.  Honestly, part of telling him was because we suck at keeping secrets, but the other part was slightly out of necessity.  You see, I pick Orion up from school most days.  He is still super enthusiastic and excited to see me at the end of the day (most of the time) and at least twice a week he will run up to me and jump into my arms.  That's super sweet when you're tiny, but the kid is now almost 50 pounds.  Having him run full force and jump into me just isn't gonna work right now, for obvious reasons.  So Seth and I talked about it, and decided we needed to tell the boy.

We sat him down on the couch together and told him that he wouldn't be able to jump on me or wrestle around with me for a while.  He looked upset, like he thought he was in trouble, so we reassured him that he wasn't.  We then went on to explain that I am pregnant and that he is going to be a big brother.  At first, he was very surprised, and then he looks at me and goes "Wait, YOU!??" and I said "yes" and he threw his arms up in the air and yelled "YAY!!"  I took video of that moment and I'm so happy that I did.  He's very excited to be a big brother and spent the entire weekend talking about the baby and what to name it, etc.  He was also super sweet to me, opening doors for me and taking care of me.  I couldn't love him more if I tried.  I'm so proud of him and I know he will be an incredible big brother.

Orion's face when he learned about becoming a big brother:


No comments: