Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Geeky 365 -- Day 49

I can't believe that the month of October is gone and we're already one third of the way through November. Time definitely seems to be on the fast track right now and I would love for it to slow down just a little bit for now.  Orion has grown and changed so much through the last few months.  It's amazing to me.  We have had a lot of adventures...the zoo, Roca Berry Farm, visiting with grandparents, ER visits....the list just goes on and on.  Fall is a great time for that.   I'm not looking forward to winter and so far O doesn't seem to be either.  He hates putting on his winter coat in the morning and will only do so if I let him wear his monster jacket underneath it.  Luckily most afternoons right now it's warm enough that he doesn't have to wear it home still.  Maybe this year he'll be old enough to want to play in the snow a little? Who knows though.  He is pretty stubborn when trying to get him to do things that he just doesn't want to do. 

The last couple days bed time has been a challenge.  Usually he does really well about crawling into bed and putting himself to sleep.  The last few nights though he has cried and begged me to stay with him and lay down next to him.  If I don't he won't stay in his room.  He goes through this every couple months and I'm not sure why.  It breaks my heart to see him upset.  I would love to just pick him up and rock him to sleep, but I know that it isn't going to make things any easier if that's what I do.


No comments: