Thursday, April 2, 2009

Almost a month

Well, Orion is now almost a month old. I already can't believe how much his face has changed. I love watching his facial expressions and seeing his personality blossom. I'm still in awe of how someone so small and special can affect me so greatly so quickly. I really don't have much productive to say, considering Orion is pretty young and doesn't do too much other than eat, poop, and sleep...but I just figured I would update and let you know that he is healthy and happy...he's gradually putting on weight like he should be and has finally outgrown the"newborn" sized clothing. We're finally getting into a schedule, but in just over 2 weeks I'll be going back to work....which I am definitely not looking forward to. I knew that I would not want to go back after he was born, but I didn't realize how hard it would be or how bad it would make me feel. I'm really nervous about leaving him in the care of others, but mostly I feel guilty that he will be spending so much time away from me and Seth...I hope to be able to remedy that someday soon, but at this point I know I don't have a choice.....ugh! Anyway, on a more positive note, Orion is sleeping a little more regularly, so hopefully before too long we'll be able to stretch out the feedings at night a little bit so I can actually get some sleep....it's been a month now since I've had a full night's sleep and I'm getting pretty tired....but at the same time I wouldn't give it up for anything in the whole wide world. I feel so loved and extremely blessed to have a beautiful son, and an amazing husband. I can only imagine what the future has in store for us.

No comments: