Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Circle of Mom's Survey


1. How old were you when your first child was born?

24

2. What month and year was your youngest child born?

March 2009

3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
I was completely shocked. Seth and I were supposed to begin fertility treatments, and took the test as a precaution before starting the meds. I couldn't believe my eyes!!

4. Who did you tell first?
Seth of course, then my mom. After the official test at the Dr. office we told the rest of our parents.

5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?
I actually lost weight throughout the entire thing and ended up weighing 10 pounds less at 9 months pregnant than I did before I got pregnant. Weird huh?

6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?
Um...Chocolate milk. That's about it.

7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?

We tried to, but one ultrasound said girl and another said boy so we really had no clue at all.

8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
They were concerned about my blood pressure, but it never actually caused any problems.

9. How much did your first child weigh?

8 lb 9 oz

10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?
He was one week early because of induction. Ended up with a c-section.

11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
Orion had a cold that seemed to last forever, but that's the only thing we've really had to deal with.

12. What's your favorite part of being a mom?

I absolutely love my son's smile. I think that is the easiest way to put it. I will do anything I can to see that smile as often as it is possible. That's what my goal is every day...to see him smile and hear him laugh, even if it makes me look like a fool.

13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?
I honestly believe it's easier to be a mom. Dad's may not have as high of expectations for them, and may not be under as much "pressure" to be the perfect dad....but at the same time, I feel like Orion and I have a special bond because of the time he spent in the womb with me. Maybe that's crazy, but how else can you explain the overwhelming amount of love I've had for this boy since the instant I saw him?? I think that alone makes being a mom easier.

14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
Relax...and I don't necessarily mean sleep. I am a huge planner and hate not having things done in a certain order at a specific time (OCD anyone??) but having my son has helped with that a lot. It's taken some time, but I'm beginning to realize that he doesn't care if his socks match, or if he has peaches for supper. All he cares about is the fact that you are there showing him love (well that, food, and a clean diaper, but you know what I mean). Take the time to relax and have fun with your baby, even if the dishes pile up or you are running around in your pajamas because you haven't done laundry in a week. RELAX and enjoy. They are moments you can never get back, and would be extremely sorry if you missed.

15. Did you always think you'd have kids?
Yes. I never thought it would take as long as it did though.

16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood?

The amount of love I have for my son. I knew that you loved your kids, but I guess I never could fathom the bond you have with them. I honestly don't think it is something you can understand until you have a child of your own (yes adoption counts as "having one of your own").

17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?
The movies. I miss being able to go to the theater any time I want to, and I'm sure I still could, but I refuse to be the mom with the screaming baby in the back of the theater. That's just rude. I also kind of miss sleeping in until 10am, but that smile almost makes it worth it.


18. How many children do you have?

Just 1

19. Do you plan to have any more children?
Eventually.
20. Who's the mom that you admire most?
Can I say me?? I'm awesome right?? I dunno, I think every mom has something that you can learn from, whether it be good or bad. I refuse to pick favorites!

No comments: