- The leg buds divide into thigh, leg, and foot units
- The arm buds divide into hand, arm, elbow, and shoulder units
- The arms and legs move
- Cartilage and bones begin to form
- Eyelids begin to form
- The ears, upper lip, and tip of the nose become recognizable
- The tongue begins to develop
- The intestines grow so long that they start protruding into the umbilical cord
- Teeth develop under the gums
- The gonads (testes or ovaries) are forming
- Nerve fibers connect the olfactory lobe of the brain, laying groundwork for the sense of smell.
- Also, the heart is more developed and the beat will increase to 150 bpm.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Week 8 -- Changes and Development
Today marks the first day of week 8! It's about time, that's all I have to say! Now, after two months, lets see what new changes we can expect during the next week: