Monday, April 23, 2012

Geeky 365 -- Day 177

The silence over the last month has given me a lot of time to just watch Orion and appreciate the incredible little boy he is growing into.  It's the simple little things that I never want to miss and know are going to be the easiest to forget.  That's really the point of this blog...to keep me from missing any of it and remind me of those things I have forgotten while getting to share my experiences with the world (or at least the small part of it that visits us here).  Orion loves to pretend and is starting to be "creative" with his answers like saying his name is "daddy" or that a cow says "oink".  He sees monsters everywhere and is always giggling while hiding under a blanket, or fighting off the dandelions in the yard.  The words that come out of his mouth always amuse me, but when you combine them with his sweet little voice I can't help but laugh at him.  Seth asked him a question the other day and Orion's response:  "I don't know. On your face!"    It's moments like that which are hard to explain, but in that instant it is so much entertainment.  It's like an inside joke where "I guess you had to be there" to see just how special those moments are. 

Tonight he took to playing dress up.  He was rocking a Viking hat and a bow tie while carrying around a sword adorned with Mardi Gras beads.  To say he is creative probably puts it mildly.  If nothing else I am always entertained.


No comments: