Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Geeky 365 -- Day 178

Bubbles....that was tonight's biggest form of entertainment.  Orion got a bubble machine for his birthday and last night we took it out on the porch.  Seth and Orion took turns blowing bubbles and chasing them around to pop them. 




 Orion laughed and jumped and danced.  I'm always amazed at how much joy can be found in the smallest, simplest things when you're young.  You can't help but smile when you see Orion jump around and immerse himself in complete and total happiness without any regards for what other people think.   I could definitely learn a thing or two from his young wisdom.  I would love to be able to laugh loudly and love whole-heartedly with total disregard for societal norms.
 


 I guess that's just one more way that being a mom has changed my world for the better.  I'm once again reminded of days where we would play outside until the sunset, running around and laughing like we didn't have a care in the world.  I'm going to try to be a better example of that to Orion...I want him to see the beauty in the simple things and enjoy the world around him.  The only way he'll learn that is if we can show him how. 


 

No comments: