Saturday, July 1, 2017

5 Favorite Things about Pregnancy

In my life, I have heard a lot of women complain about being pregnancy and how miserable it makes them feel.  I honestly feel sorry for these women because while pregnancy can be difficult, I genuinely enjoy most of the experience.   So what are the best things about being pregnant?


  1. Feeling baby move: I absolutely love feeling the kicks and wiggles that happen daily, and interacting with baby in those moments.  It is the part that I miss the most once baby is born.  It is highly distracting, and there are definitely times when it hurts or is super uncomfortable, but it's one of the most entertaining and reassuring parts of pregnancy. 
  2. Excitement from my family:  I'm not someone who particularly enjoys a lot of attention or expects special treatment, etc.  However, being pregnant brings a level of excitement to my family that I love.  My sisters check in on how I'm feeling, Seth regularly does little things to take care of me, and even Orion has taken to giving my tummy hugs in the morning in addition to my hug.  I love seeing the excitement around me and I appreciate all their love and support. 
  3. Growing hair & nails:  My hair has grown so much and feels super healthy.  I'm sure half of it is the fact that I can't dye my hair, but my hair feels pretty good and is longer than it has been in probably 8 years.   The same can be said for my nails.  They feel stronger and have grown longer than ever.  I have also been able to not chew them, which is a huge deal for me as someone who has chewed my nails since I was 5 years old. 
  4. No menstrual cycle!  Probably way too much information, but not having to worry about having a period for 9 months is really, really nice.  I won't dwell on it, but I appreciate the break. 
  5. Entertaining dreams:  My dreams have always been super vivid and it gets even more intense while I'm pregnant.  While I don't appreciate the horrible nightmares I've had so far, I do completely enjoy the fun dreams that come along with pregnancy.  

No comments: