Sunday, July 2, 2017

Week 39

Welcome to week 39! Baby will officially be here by the end of this week.  It's hard to believe that we've finally made it.  And if it isn't crazy enough, we also have 4th of July this week and family will start showing up, with Aunt Jaime making her appearance on Wednesday.  I have a feeling this week is going to go very quickly.

For baby

Baby is officially considered full term!! Baby probably is somewhere between 19 and 21 inches long and weighs between 7 and 8 pounds, but we will know by this weekend.  The skin has changed from pink to white because the baby fat has been layered over the blood vessels, making baby squishy and cute.  It will also help baby maintain body temperature on the outside.

For momma:

I am officially ready for this baby to be here.  While I still feel pretty good in general, I'm sick of waiting and starting to get pretty impatient.  Luckily we have less than a week left before baby will be here.  I'm so happy my blood pressure and everything else has been completely fine throughout this entire journey.  My tummy is big enough that I'm uncomfortable, and baby coming out will be bittersweet, but I'm ready to meet them and share with the world. 

No comments: