Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Birthday Party

Orion's very first b-day party went off pretty well (if I do say so myself).  We had it Spiderman themed since those seem to be the colors he likes the most.  His cake was adorable, and decorations were kept very minimal (I mean, come on.  He's 1!).   The family arrived and gave gifts and there was absolutely no drama.  That was pretty exciting.  Orion and Blake played really well along with Griffen. Orion ended up getting a TON of toys and not nearly as many clothes as I had expected (and kind of hoped for) but I think he pretty much made out like a bandit!  There was lots of laughter and giggles.  My mom spent the morning getting food ready (which I know I over did) including a veggie tray, meat/cheese tray, crackers, cake, and ice cream...not to mention the lasagna and salad lunch I served like 1 hour before the party.   I like food, what can I say.   I am super grateful my mom was around to help me out though.  I felt like a damn chicken with my head cut off.    A #1 candle was stuck into the cake, but I didn't light it (fire + baby = not a great idea).  Happy b-day was sung and thanks to Holly the cake was cut and served.  I spent my time dishing up ice cream though and completely missed all of Orion eating cake....which made me sad.  I did get to see the aftermath of it though.  I also was so busy making sure everything was taken care of that I didn't take a single picture.  I'm hoping that I can get copies from the family that was there taking pictures.  UGH!  So anyway, it went well.  Everyone had fun, cake was eaten, presents were unwrapped, laughter was made......and I'm damn sure glad that it is over (and doesn't occur again til next year!!!). 

No comments: