Sunday, March 12, 2017

Week 23

We have reached week 23. Time is going very quickly, while somehow seeming to stand still.  I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's the best way I can explain it. There is still so much that I want to get done before the baby comes so it feels like time is flying, but I'm also ready to meet this kiddo, so it seems to stand still.  Whee?  So let's see what this week brings us.

For baby
Baby is now about 11.5 inches long, which is about the height of a Barbie doll and weighs just over a pound. Blood vessels are starting to form in the lungs to prepare for life outside the womb.  The ears are also growing more sensitive, so she can hear even more, both inside and outside of the womb.

For momma:

My mother and my grandmother were here this weekend, and it was great to get to spend some time with them.  I love them both and spending time hearing them talk about my family history and learning about my grandmother's childhood was fascinating and entertaining.  I've also finally taken the time to make a couple of gift registries since I've had people ask.  I am not having a baby shower so I don't know that these were really necessary, but ya know.  :) They exist out there at least.

Target Registry

Amazon Registry

No comments: