Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 24

Week 24.  Man how time flies.  I haven't accomplished much in the last week, but I'm ok with that.  We spent the weekend in Kansas City to celebrate Orion's birthday and now I'm pretty exhausted, but happy.  Let's see what this week brings us.

For baby
Baby is now about 12 inches long and weighs about  1 1/3 pounds.  Lungs are developing even more to prepare for life on the outside, and the cells to hep air sacs inflate are also forming.  The skin is still super thing and translucent, but that will change as more weight is gained and fat begins to accumulate.  Otherwise, baby will just keep growing.

For momma:

As I said before, we spent the weekend in KC for Orion's 8th birthday and had a great time.  We went to visit the Pompeii exhibit at Union Station, hit up the KC Zoo, and even got to go to the Sporting KC soccer game, where Orion got to walk onto the field with the team.  It was an incredible weekend, but I am definitely tired and paying for it now.  In general, I feel alright, but I miss my pregnancy pillow FOR SURE!  It will be nice to sleep in my own bed again. 

No comments: