Sunday, March 26, 2017

Week 25

Week 25.  Last week, I scheduled my very first 3rd trimester doctor's appointment for next month.  It's hard to believe that we're that close already.  This week, we're officially in spring as well, so I'm hoping the weather will continue to stay nicer.  So, what's happening this week?

For baby
Baby is now about 13.5 inches long, which is about the height of a prairie dog, and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds.  Lungs are continuing to develop, and fat is building up under the skin.  The hair (if baby has any) will also start to gain color, although this color can continue to change after birth.  Baby is also very wiggly at this point, and movement is starting to be visible from the outside.  It's pretty entertaining.  Now if only the little one will start to kick for big brother, Orion will be a much happier kiddo.

For momma:

As is probably expected I have not dyed or cut my hair during this pregnancy, so for the first time in a couple years, I have probably the longest hair in our household.  It's strange and I'm ready for a change, but for now I'm trying to be patient. I am also waking up at least once every night to pee, so I'm starting to get very tired at times from not getting enough sleep. My hips and back are typically ok, but Saturday I spent too long sitting on the floor and now my body is paying the price for that. My next Dr appointment, I will also be doing the Glucose screening for Gestational Diabetes so I'm hoping that it turns out fine as well. 

No comments: