- The continued maturation of body parts, tissues, and organs
- The heart grows stronger and the legs reach their relative proportions
- Vernix caseosa -- a protective skin covering -- is still being produced by your baby's oil glands
- The brown fat that the baby started producing back in the 4th month of pregnancy is now beginning to build up in places like the chest, crotch, and neck; this will help maintain body temperature
- Buds for permanent teeth are beginning to form.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Week 21--Changes and Developments
Welcome to week 21! From this point on, most of what is happening involves the baby getting longer and heavier. The only things really going on are: