Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Geeky 365 -- Day 90

O spent the evening with his dad today.  They always have fun together.  I know I say that every week, but it's true and I don't know how else to explain it.  Orion is always ecstatic to see his dad...just like when I pick him up from school every day.  His entire face lights up and he yells your name and sprints to hug you tight like it's been SO long since you last saw each other.   I love that moment.  There is so much joy that emanates from that little boy.  You can't help but smile when he does it, and you're the reason he's so incredibly happy.  Suddenly nothing else matters and you feel like the most special and important person on the planet.  I don't know how I would make it through a week without at least once hearing him yell "Mommy" as he sprints towards me and jumps into my arms.  It's the little things like that you often take for granted.  I don't ever want to forget.  I know that some day he'll be too old to want to run and jump into my arms.  I know that before I know it he won't want to give me a kiss every morning before I go to work.  For now I'll just enjoy his enthusiasm for my simple existence.  He makes me feel like I really am an incredible, important person. 




No comments: