Friday, December 14, 2012

How is it December?

It's been over a month since I've updated things yet again.  Consistency is not my strong suite with blogging lately.  Maybe someday I can figure out how to get this thing on a schedule.  *sigh*  Anyway, the last month has been busy in a lot of ways.  Thanksgiving was a lot of driving and a lot of visiting family.  Orion loves getting to see his grandparents and all of his aunts so I believe he had a great time.

Orion started a new school right after Thanksgiving as well.  It was a pretty major change for him, but he seems to be adjusting well.  He is making new friends and seems to enjoy going.  I'm hoping that everything continues to go smoothly.

Overall, things are going remarkably well.  Orion can now write his name completely by himself.  He spells it out loud as he writes "O is a circle, R is a line with a little hump, I is a line with a little dot, O is a circle, N is a line with a hump".   It's adorable to watch and makes me so ridiculously proud of him.

So now, Christmas is right around the corner and for the first time ever we won't be able to go back to spend it with my family.  Part of me is really disappointed, but I know that Orion will still have an amazing time.  Aunt Jaime is going to be spending it with us.  We'll just call it an adventure.  Hopefully it is a fantastic one.  

And I know you've all heard it before, but I am going to try to update things more regularly around here.  I'm aiming for 2 posts a week right now....and I think I'll bring back Silent Sundays with just a photo as well.  Hopefully setting some real goals will make this successful.  *fingers crossed*

No comments: