Saturday, January 14, 2017

Dream #3

I haven't written down all of my dreams, but what I can tell you is that I haven't had any dreams yet about the actual pregnancy.  Instead, I'm having consistent dreams about sad or scary things that are vivid enough to stick with me and make me not want to go back to sleep.  I'm definitely ready for the nightmares to stop and the just weird to start.  Hopefully?  We'll see.  The last couple of nights I've been having dreams about Orion.  Two nights ago I had a dream that I was driving in a car with Orion and he was in his booster seat.  He was sitting up toward the edge of his seat so I told him to scoot back, and he did.  I then looked up in my mirror to see that his entire seat had collapsed and he was falling into the back of the car.  His arms and legs were sticking straight out, but he was being held by the seat belt across his neck.  I was terrified and instantly jumped and reached into the back seat to try to grab him and pull him forward.  Apparently I ACTUALLY jumped and reached in the real world as well because I slapped Seth upside his head and woke up to him yelling "What the hell was that for?"  :)

Last night's dream was more convoluted and strange.  Seth, Orion and I were on an airplane flying home from somewhere.  As we got closer to home, there was an announcement over the intercom that there was a big thunderstorm in Omaha so we couldn't land there so they were going to circle around until the storm cleared. I could see lightning through the plane windows and everyone was told to take their seats.  For some reason, Seth and I were sitting together, but Orion was several rows ahead of us. We all sat down, and I felt the plane take essentially a HUGE u-turn and suddenly our plane was flying in the wrong direction to get home.  We began to descend and eventually landed in the middle of a field, right in the center of a weird carnival.  We were all told to stay in our seats, but Orion snuck out of his and back to sit in my lap.  The lady beside us ran up and stole his seat.  So we sat there huddled together as these weird "carnies" paced up and down the rows making sure everyone was following instructions.  Through the windows I could see rows of carnival games and rides that were all broken down and turned off.  I tried to take pictures of some of the equipment with my cell phone, but one of the guys caught me and grabbed me, and that's when I woke up.

So really, none of these dreams are quite as gory as some of the dreams I've dealt with in the past, but they're still creepy and weird.  Who knows what my brain will think up next.

No comments: