Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 14

Welcome to the 2nd trimester!  Week 14 officially brings us into the next trimester, and I'm so happy to be out of the first.  My symptoms weren't awful, but it feels more real when you hit that 2nd trimester mark for sure.  So what is going on this week?  

For baby:
The baby is now about the size of a lemon, or a clenched fist.  Growing so quickly! Baby is now able to move a lot, and they are much more smooth and  intentional than they have been in weeks past.  The neck is growing longer and the head is becoming more up-right, making it actually look more like a baby than a strange, disproportionate alien.  I mean that in the most loving way possible, of course. 

For momma:
Constipation still has invaded my world. It isn't my favorite thing, but I'll survive.  I also have quite a bit of bloating some days, which definitely makes me feel like I look WAY more pregnant than I should.  I spend a lot of time trying to suck in my gut still :)   Not everyone at work knows, so I'm keeping things on the down low until I leave for my new job mid-week.  I also have felt pretty moody this week, so I'm hoping that's just a fluke.  On a more positive note, I think I felt the first little baby flutters in my tummy, definitely not feeling like gas!  I may be wrong, but I'm hoping the movement picks up soon.  I think that is the part of pregnancy I'm most looking forward to. 

No comments: