Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Week 29--Developments and Changes

Wow..29 weeks!! It seems like only yesterday I was peeing on a stick for the third time in utter disbelief. And now Christmas is literally days away. It's amazing how time flies sometimes. I got myself graduated, so that's one more thing off my list. We're in the homeward stretch!! Now for the important stuff. This week there is still growing and developing happening:
  • The baby will be able to turn her head to find the source of a bright light and is continuing to become more sensitive to sounds, tastes, and smells.
  • The fat layers will continue to form.
  • The head is in proportion to the rest of the body.
  • The eyes can move in the sockets.
  • The bones are fully developed, but they are still soft and pliable.
  • She will also begin to store iron, calcium, and phosphorus.
Tomorrow we head back west to see the family, and then on Monday we have our "final" ultrasound so we can check where the baby is and make sure everything looks good. I'm super excited. So I'll have another update for you on Monday!

No comments: