Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27 Dr. Appointment

Today we went to the Dr. once again. From this point on it appears we will be going every week, which I am not looking forward to. I know I know, it means that we're approaching the end...but at this point it really seems like a waste of my time. Ugh!! Today's appointment went fine. Good blood pressure, weight, blood sugar, etc. They listened to the baby's heart beat and baby decided it would be fun to play the drums on the monitor while they tried to listen. Even the Dr. was surprised at the movements that were goin on in there. The only icky thing is that I have to go have an NST on Thursday, and probably twice a week from now until the baby comes. That is a fetal non-stress test where the hook me up to monitors and watch the baby's heart beat and look for contractions. They're doing this because of "potential" problems since they've been monitoring my blood pressure and blood sugar (both of which have been perfect through the entire pregnancy I might add!!!). So I'm really not looking forward to that. Going to the hospital twice a week on top of going to the Dr. once a week is going to suck, but I suppose that means we're really closing in on the end of this miracle we call pregnancy. This weekend is my baby shower and I am SOOO looking forward to it. Hopefully it will turn out well. The weather looks like it is even going to cooperate (which is pretty amazing in Nebraska, especially in January). Let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: