- Baby is practicing breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid to exercise his/her lungs.
- Hair will be present now if it is going to be there at birth.
- The baby has a normal waking and sleeping pattern.
- While the baby is sleeping he/she may experience the rapid eye movement (REM) stage, which is the dreaming period of sleep.
- Baby can listen, feel, and see.
- The pupils of the eye can detect light and constrict and dilate.
- Baby's lungs are ALMOST completely matured.
- Fat will continue to be deposited on baby's body for protection and warmth.
- Baby's skin color turns from red to pink.
So that's what is going on here this week. I hope to have a few more weeks of updates, especially so I can get everything ready for my leave at work! Have a great week.