Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week 30

Welcome to week 30!  It's cool and rainy here, but we're spending the day together as a family.  It's hard to believe that we're less than 10 weeks from meeting our little one already.  This last trimester is going so quickly already!  I'm sure the end will be here before I know it.  So, what's happening in pregnancy world this week?

For baby

Baby is now about 17 inches long and weighs about 3 1/2 pounds!  Orion was 20 inches long and 8 pounds 9 ounces, so that doesn't seem that far off!  Apparently from this point forward baby is supposed to be putting on about 1/2 a pound each week.  Baby is also starting to lose the lanugo, or the baby fur that covers them in the womb.  Hopefully that means the baby is less werewolf and more human by the time they are born.   The eyes are also still developing, but not very good but can tell the difference between light and dark, etc.  They will continue to improve over the next month until they reach they point they are at for birth.  Also, the bone marrow is now supposed to take over making baby's red blood cells, which will be extremely beneficial for the future.

For momma:

Overall, things are going alright.  I haven't had anything too major happening, other than the doctor's appointment that has made me uncomfortable.  My arm still hurts from the Whooping Cough shot on Thursday, and my hand is still incredibly sore, but at least now I can make a fist without whimpering.  I feel ok for the most part, with some soreness in my hips and tailbone, but again nothing major.  The worst part of things is simply feeling tired all the time.  I'm absolutely exhausted and not able to sleep through the night at all.  I wake up constantly from being uncomfortable or having to pee and it's definitely draining.  I'm doing the best I can to not let it get to me, but that's definitely easier some days than others.  

No comments: