Monday, November 14, 2011

Geeky 365 -- Day 54


Orion can make me laugh so much.  He is so full of joy and excitement that it is contagious.  Today O and I ventured into Wal-mart which is never my favorite place to visit, but is the most convenient stop.  Today was one of those days where it seemed like everyone within a 20 mile radius had to be in the store at that exact moment.  People were rude, loud, and just plain obnoxious.  In those situations I generally find myself getting frustrated and wanting to leave.  Today though, Orion's comedy was in full swing and I couldn't help but be happy to wander the store with his hand in mine.  He would find joy in the simplest things...Batman on a shelf or a snack in an aisle.  His face would light up and he'd say "Look Mommy!  I need it!"  I'd tell him no and he'd put it away and skip on his way to the next adventure.   We got to one point and he stops in the middle of an aisle.  He looks up and me and tugs on my hand.  When I look back at him he says "Mommy....I want to see fish!"  So off we went to find the fish.  He practically drug me through the store by the hand until we got to the fish and then he was in awe.  He'd count them, point out their colors, tell me which ones were big and which were small.  He told me he liked the fish.  He tried to pet them.  And then this happened: 


Orion is so full of love that he can even love an ordinary goldfish living in an aquarium in the middle of Wal-mart.  I wish I could learn to love like that, so openly and worry free.  There is so much that this little boy can teach me.  I do so much love this journey. 

No comments: