Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Geeky 365 -- Day 63

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I feel the need to express the thing that I am definitely the most thankful for.  I don't think there are really words to explain how grateful I am to have Orion in my life.   He is the most kind-hearted, bright, and loving soul I've ever encountered.  Strangers walking down the street can't help but return his smile and it warms my heart to know that I had a part in creating that.  His laughter brightens my day.  He is so sweet and tries to take care of me.  He always asks me if I'm ok,  even if I just sneezed, and and tells me it will be alright when I'm upset.  I don't know how he does it at the age of 2, but he somehow always seems to know what to do or say to make me feel better.  His little voice saying that he loves me is the greatest sound in the world (his laughter is a very close second).  His sweet hugs make the worst days seem better.  My life was changed forever the day that he entered the world.  He has taught me to be a better person, more kind, open, and even tempered than I ever expected to be (even though I'm definitely far from perfect!!).   I don't think he will ever understand just how much I love him or how incredibly important he is to me.  I want to give him the best of everything.  I love my son completely, unconditionally, and forever.  I don't know what our future holds, but those are words that will remain true throughout it all.


No comments: