Sunday, December 25, 2016

Telling my Grandparents and the Grandpecks

Over Christmas, I also got to tell my grandparents that I'm having a baby.  I wrapped a picture of the ultrasound to give them as a gift.  They unwrapped it and my grandpa, in his typical manner just looked at it confused.  My grandma said "what is this thing? It looks like an ultrasound."  I told her that it was and she jumped a little.  She said "I thought you couldn't have more babies!??"  I told her that we were pregnant and they both grinned.  Grandma, who is an only child, said "Well I never wanted to say anything but I always hoped you'd have more.  Being an only child is very lonely."  This, of course, is after she said that exact thing to me EVERY time I have seen her for the past 7 years...but ya know.  :) Either way, I'm happy that I got to tell them and that they're both excited for their next great-grandbaby.


I also called my dad on Christmas to tell him about the new addition.  We were chatting and I told him that we were going to have a new baby.  He seems very excited for us and asked that we let them know if we need anything.  I then told my step-mother and she was thrilled, saying that she has prayed for us to have a new baby and that she knows Orion will be an incredible big brother.  She said that we made her Christmas, which was very sweet.  I'm so grateful for all of the love and support we've received so far from our family.

No comments: