Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 9

We have reached week 9.  It already feels like it's been forever since I started journalling here again, but I think it's simply because there has been so much time spent waiting and having to keep things secret.  The holidays are just around the corner, so I hope the next couple of weeks go by quickly.  So what is going on this week?  

For baby:
The baby is now about the size of a green olive and is officially considered a fetus instead of an embryo.  Yay!?  At this point, at least the beginnings of most muscles and organs have started to form.  They still have a long way to go, but they have started to develop.  The kidneys, brain, and lungs are starting to function, and the heart should now be heard by doppler.  While the eyes are fusing shut to continue their development, the ears are forming fluid to form a sense of balance for the little one.  It's all very exciting and important work at this point. 

For momma:
I finally get to see the doctor this week, and I can not wait.  It feels like I've known forever and I can not wait to hear that little heartbeat to know that things are going to be ok.  Overall, I'm tired and would gladly nap every single day, but I can't.  Otherwise, I feel pretty normal.  Vivid dreams have happened every night, but by the time I am awake enough to write them down only fragments remain.  Really, my focus this week is getting to Thursday so I can meet the new doctor and see what she has to say.  Waiting has been the hardest part of the last couple weeks by far.  By this point with Orion I had already had both the official blood tests and an ultrasound to verify his tiny heartbeat was strong and viable.  I'm definitely getting impatient.  

No comments: