Sunday, December 25, 2016

Week 12

We're at week 12!  What an exciting week.  We finally told my sisters and Seth's mother that this little one is on the way, and you can read all about that here:  
For this post, we'll be talking about baby and momma updates, like normal!  So what is going on this week?  

For baby:
The baby is now about the size of an apricot.  Aww, how sweet and tiny.  Baby now weighs about half an ounce and is about 2 inches long.  The digestive system is now starting to function, developing the skills they will need to eat when they are finally born!  The baby is also making white blood cells for life after birth! From this point forward, most of what the baby will be doing is just growing and getting ready to come out.  

For momma:
Overall, I feel normal.  It's nice to finally have my sisters in the loop so that I feel like I have more support and am not hiding things from them.  I'm less sleepy this week than I have been the past couple weeks, which is definitely nice.  Otherwise, it's exciting to be nearing the end of the first trimester!  See you next week! 

No comments: