Saturday, December 31, 2016

Telling the Big Grandparents and my Uncles

Seth's dad came up to visit us for Christmas and to give Orion his presents.  Orion calls Seth's dad and his wife the "Big" grandparents, so that's the name we go with.  We had wrapped an ultrasound picture as a gift for them as well.  We waited until Seth got home from work, then let Orion hand the gift to his grandpa.  He started to open it, then handed it to B so she could continue unwrapping the present.  She looked at it and instantly her jaw dropped and she started dancing around all excited.  She handed it to Big Grandpa and he just looked confused before Seth finally said, we're going to have another baby.  Big Grandma came and hugged me and Big Grandpa started talking to Orion about how Seth was as a big brother.  It was a sweet moment to share with Seth's family.



Later that weekend I drove over to visit my Uncle Troy and Uncle Forrest.  I love these incredible men, so as soon as I had a moment, I tried to tell Troy.  I showed him the ornaments that I had made for my sisters and I, but he said they were cute and passed my phone back.  So I told him he had missed something. He looked more intensely, but still was confused.  I then swiped the phone over to a positive pregnancy test and he looked SHOCKED.  It was pretty funny.  Forrest came in the room and sat down and asked what was wrong with Troy.  I told him that we were going to have another baby and he says "Cool!  If I had known that I would have done something different for Christmas."  :) He's such as sweet man.   Troy spent the rest of my visit randomly whispering "You're pregnant" and I would just laugh.  It definitely surprised them both.  They are such a blessing in my life, and have been so loving and gracious to my son and Seth.  I can't wait for them to meet this new little person.


No comments: