Sunday, February 5, 2017

Week 18

Week 18...I'll begin by saying that everything is perfectly fine with the pregnancy.  However, the last week has been one of the hardest of my life.  On Sunday, January 29th my grandfather passed away.  He was such an incredible man and one of my favorite humans.  He filled so many roles in my life, acting as more of a father than a grandfather, constantly supporting me and giving a sense of stability that I rarely found elsewhere...so to say his loss hit hard puts it very mildly.  I'm still heartbroken but trying to get back to normal life. I've written about my experience with his death on my personal blog, which you can find here: http://startswithagirl.blogspot.com/2017/02/grandpas-final-days.html
I don't want this to be a super sad blog, so that's all I'll say here.

So now, week 18.  What's happening??

For baby
Baby is now the size of a sweet potato and growing steadily, which is about 5.5 inches and 7 ounces.  The nervous system is developing and movement is increasing along with that, allowing more kicks and movement.  Facial features are developing as well, so the baby should be starting to actually be cute.

For momma:

As I said before, I'm sad, very sad, but I'm trying to keep positive as possible.  I physically feel fine and am less tired.  I'm sleeping a little better, but still wake up at least once at night to go to the bathroom.  I also am feeling more and more little kicks and movements which I love.  I look forward to those continuing to get more frequent and noticeable, and I really look forward to being able to share those kicks with Seth and Orion.  Hopefully that will happen sooner than later. 

No comments: