Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 19

Welcome to week 19.  It's hard to believe that we're already almost half way done with this pregnancy, but at the same time it feels like it has lasted forever!  :)  The weather is beautiful, so we all have spring fever pretty badly...even though it's only February.  I'm sure we'll get hit hard with snow sometime here soon, but for now, we will enjoy the sunshine.  Som what is going on with the pregnancy this week?

For baby
Baby is now the size of a gameboy, which is about 6 inches crown to rump and weighs about 8.5 oz.   This is definitely my favorite size comparison so far.  The squishy little one now has hair follicles on top of their head and could be growing hairs already. Baby is also developing a waxy covering to protect them from getting all pruney and to help get down the birth canal.  Also, the brain is starting to connect nerves to muscles which means the movements can be more intentional and less reflexive, which is very cool.

For momma:

For me, I'm dealing with acne, which makes me feel like a 13 year old again and that is no fun. I also find that if I sit on a hard chair for too long it hurts my back and my legs start to fall asleep, so that also sucks.  Otherwise, I feel alright.  Right now, most of my thought time is put into our debate of VBAC vs C-Section #2.  It's such a hard choice to make, and I can see pros and cons to both sides, which will probably end up being a post on its very own.  Dreams are also back to being super vivid and random, so that makes things very interesting. 

No comments: