Thursday, June 29, 2017

3 Things I'm Excited About

As we finish out the last several days of pregnancy, I did some searching for some writing prompts and I'm going to genuinely try to post one post a day from now until we have a new little one.  So today, I'm talking about 


3 things I am excited about

  • Meeting this new little person! 
    •  I know that seems like a "duh" response, but I'm so thrilled to meet the baby and learn the personality and quirks of a new human.  It should be interesting. 
  • Seeing Orion as a big brother!
    • Orion is the sweetest boy, hugging my tummy and giving his unborn sibling so much love already without even meeting them.  I can't even imagine how excited and loving he is going to be once baby is actually here to share his experiences with.  He already talks about sharing morning snuggles with baby, and how if they have a nightmare, they could come sleep in his room.  Even though they have separate rooms, he's also talked about them needing bunk beds.  I think it's adorable and I can't wait to share this experience with him.  I know just how much I love my sisters, and I am delighted that he will have a sibling to grow up with. 
  • Finding a new sense of normal! 
    • Pregnancy is this weird type of waiting where you spend 9 months preparing for the unknown and trying to do everything you can to be ready for a new little human to join your family.  It's stressful and exhausting to spend so long not knowing exactly what to expect, at least for me.  I look forward to baby finally arriving and finally getting the chance to set up a new routine that works for us and our changing family.  

No comments: