Sunday, June 4, 2017

Week 35


Welcome to week 35!  The weather is hot, the sunshine is bright, and we're now only 35 days until this little one is supposed to be arriving.  I can't believe we're so close already and 35 days seems both so close and so far away at the same time.  It's a little bit crazy!  So, what's happening in pregnancy world this week?

For baby

Baby should now be somewhere between 18 and 20 inches long depending on how big they are going to be.  Baby should also weigh over 5 pounds now! They will continue to put on about 1/2 a pound each week until arrival.  Fingernails and toenails are in place, and the kidneys and liver are fully developed to process waste from their little bodies.

For momma:

For me, I feel alright.  Very full, but in general not terrible.  My tail bone hurts fairly regularly, which is no fun, but most other aches and pains are temporary.  There is a lot of movement now, which is entertaining and very distracting at the same time, but it's one of my favorite things in pregnancy.  Even Orion is now regularly feeling the baby dancing around and talks to her often.  He even gives me 2 hugs in the morning, one for each of us, which I think is sweet.  I know he is going to be an incredible big brother.  

No comments: